Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New school updates!

First finishes of the year for two separate classes!

first up was an open assignment where the only prompt was the word “apple,” size and theme were up to the students. 



Some prelimnary sketches: 






That being as it was, I made myself some apple warriors fighting off apple monsters in the middle of apple trees! 





AND I also have a class assignment where the prompt was to insert an author into a story of their own writing. The sketches below were for Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) on the right and F. Scott Fitzgerald on the left.






and the finish below~ Here you have F. Scott Fitzgerald as Jay Gatsby ooh la la! (plus a Zelda/Daisy however you want to take it) I also imagine Fitzgerald as being sort of sad and detached much like the models you see in vogue magazine birthing what we have here. I wanted to try something different with my style that had more texture and simplified shapes. Not sure how much I like it, but it was fun to try!



1 comment:

  1. I really do love your painting style. Ever thought of doing a step by step WIP or tutorial? ^^

    ReplyDelete